23 Apr 2008

Coming Soon-Block Printed Table Numbers



I was recently commissioned to make these for a wedding. It was a long tedious job carving each of these somewhat large scale numbers, but well worth the time.
I used the design from my "Lady Edna" stationery. I carved that block print years ago, inspired by a feed sack apron I have from the mid 30's.

I'm not sure if everyone would dig the birds as much as I do(it was actually the customers idea, she must have noticed that I do a LOT of bird stuff).
I suppose I could change them according to theme...



Either way, I'll be listing them in my shop, sans birdies at first, and with a variety of choices for card stock.

I can't wait to do more printing. I'll be moving my studio shortly, from my upstairs main floor, to my basement. Once that's finished, I'll be printing like a mad woman!


I've also just started listing my pill boxes and yoyos. I may do some needle cases soon, we'll see.
They were fun to make though. I always enjoy finding new surfaces to block print!

3 comments:

  1. I saw you just now on etsy main page and I not only marked your shop as a fave, but almost every one of your stamps! I especially love your birdy stamps and can't wait to get a few when I have some more funds. I'm a stay at home mom who spends most of mt craft earning on craft items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to pop by to say your things are absolutely lovely! Found you in a search for Waldorf things and I'm now in love with all of your stamps. Cooking up ideas for the stamps that I "must have!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birds! The cards are so pretty. I'm off to check out your shop. -- Michele

    ReplyDelete